Write a narrative essay using the techniques and elements of narrative writing that you have learned in this unit. Your essay must be approximately 500-800 words long.
Following are some ideas that can help you to select a topic for your story:
- Firsts — Think of a “first” in your life and describe that moment in detail.
- Proud Moment — Choose a moment when you felt proud about an accomplishment.
- Adversity — Describe a time when you had to think or act quickly to overcome a challenge.
- Traveling — Recall a memorable experience you had while traveling.
- Your narrative must be 500 to 800 words (approximately 2-3 pages) in length.
- Narrative Guidelines and Topic Selection Guidelines must be followed or your submission will not be graded.
- Double-space the essay and use one-inch margins.
- Use an easily-readable 12-point font.
- All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
- Your narrative must be original, and written for this assignment.
- Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Your submission must include your name, the name of the course, the date, and the title of your composition.
- Your submission must include both your narrative and your answers to the “Think About Your Writing” questions.
- Submit only a single file that contains all of the assignment components.
- Acceptable file formats are .doc and .docx.