Formatting Reminders(for full instructions and grading rubric, please review the SOSHTalk Discussion Board folder under “Week 3”)
- each post must be 200+ words
- APA citations and references are required for your initial post (and in response posts if material from the textbook or assigned web links is used)
- initial post (your response to the weekly Assignment) is due by Friday, your responses to classmate’s initial posts are due by Sunday; all posts are due on separate days – late posts will lose 5 points a day
- proof read and edit before uploading your posts
- include a Word Count (WC) for each post before your Reference(s)
- Read Chapter 12, The Family and Household Diversity, in your text. Your assignment must be informed by information from the chapter. No outside/web sources, please.
- Attend the Week 4 Keiser Live! session or view the recording.
- Review the for instructions and examples of formatting in text citations and references. In-text citations go in the paragraph and the reference list is located after the Word Count at the end of your paper.
Based on information you learned in the chapter (not personal opinion or experience), answer the following questions:
If a matchmaker was going to arrange a marriage for you based on the the social norms associated with partnering in the US (including rules of endogamy/exogamy), who would likely be selected for you (gender, sexual orientation, race, socioeconomic status, etc)? (remember this question is NOT asking you what the characteristics are of a person you would select for yourself, but speaks to the social norms that we tend to follow by being socialized in the US).
How would this person be similar to and different from who you think you would choose for yourself?
Make sure to take into account social norms for partnering in terms of gender, race, socioeconomic status, rules of endogamy/exogamy,etc.