Choose an organization from the education, financial, or healthcare sector to study throughout this course. Each week you explore different aspects within the IT division of the organization including:
- 3 dimensions of risk management
- Potential risks during a server database migration
- Risk assessment and continuity plan
- Request for proposal for new web servers
- Monte Carlo method
You have been asked by the CIO of the organization you chose to create Microsoft®PowerPoint® presentation, along with an accompanying summary guide handout, for the managers of the IT, Accounting/Finance, and Engineering departments to inform them of the three dimensions of risk management.
The three dimensions of risk management shape the organizational framework of project risk management and determine the degree of freedom used to classify various realizations of uncertainties, resulting in a formalized systematic analysis of physical systems.
Research information about the organization you chose to complete this week’s assignment.
Create a 4- to 6-slide, media-rich Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation which describes each of the three dimensions, its definition, values, and importance to your company. Identify the potential security risks to an organization in each of the following outsourcing situations:
- The implementation of an external service provider for data/security protection
- The use of contractual service providers for processing information systems applications such as a payroll, human resources, or sales order taking
- The use of an offshore company to support your desktop computers
- The use of an third-party governance to provide network support
Note: Media-rich presentations should include multimedia such as graphics, pictures, video clips, or audio.
Create a 1-page Microsoft® Word Summary Guide on this presentation. Include the following:
- Risk considerations during the development and implementation of information systems
- The importance of Information systems risk management
- A summary of the organizational risk management framework
- The risk register of the highest risk of information security to the organization