For this assignment, build upon the case that you identified for your Unit 8 assignment. Pretend you are presenting this case to fellow colleagues. Include the demographics, description of client identity, presenting problem, goals, challenges or concerns, any cultural differences, and possible resources that might be helpful to this client.
This assignment has three components.
- Identify the case you selected from the exercise manual for your Unit 8 assignment. Expand your description of the setting.
- Provide a 1–2 paragraph description of the situation you are presenting to colleagues (for example, case conference, team meeting, supervision, et cetera).
- Describe your role in the agency.
- Describe who will attend the meeting and their roles in the agency (teachers, nurses, doctors, et cetera).
- Research the type of meeting, and explain the strengths and weakness of this format. Support your analysis of the meeting format with two peer-reviewed journal articles published in the last five years.
- Expand your description of the client’s identity and the interplay between the client’s identity and the problem presented. Identify culturally relevant resources that are needed work with this client, and describe cultural considerations for this client that were addressed when selecting resources. Describe challenges or obstacles that may present during the obtainment of identified goals. Support your descriptions with at least two peer-reviewed journal articles published in the last five years.
- Review “Three Problem Management Framework” on page 233 of The Skilled Helper textbook. Create a 3–6-page overview of Egan and Reese’s three stages of problem management for this client. After presenting a discussion of each stage, anticipate and pose one question or challenge for each stage that colleagues at the meeting may ask. Create a response for each question or challenge.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: 6–9 pages, plus a cover page and references page. An abstract is not required.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Include 4 recent, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point font.
Submit your Action Plans and Presenting to Colleagues paper in the assignment area by the designated deadline.