The purpose of this assignment is to encourage you to focus on the quality of your writing in preparation for writing the case studies and residency paper.
Submit a Word document summarizing chapter 3.
Your summary must meet the following criteria:
- Comply with the APA and writing standards for this course. Use Dr. Straw’s APA and writing checklist for guidance.
- Have one scholarly source, not including our textbook.
- The body of the paper must be no more than two pages. The body of the paper excludes the cover page, table of contents, abstract, references, and appendices.
SafeAssign is designed to detect plagiarism, which is stealing the sentences of others and claiming them to be your sentences. You must not plagiarize. You must write your own sentences and paragraphs. Therefore, you must follow these SafeAssign instructions. Failure to follow these SafeAssign instructions will result in a grade of zero with no opportunity for resubmission and no opportunity for regarding. If your SafeAssign score is above 25% after the paper submission deadline and you do not include the comment in item v below, your paper will receive a zero.
- Submit your paper to Blackboard.
- Look at your SafeAssign score. Your SafeAssign score will be available between 10 minutes and 24 hours after submitting your assignment. You are responsible for managing your time to ensure you have enough time to evaluate your SafeAssign score, make changes to your paper, and resubmit your work by the due date. Plan accordingly.
- If your SafeAssign score is 25% or below then you are done. You do not need to do anything else.
- Do the following if your SafeAssign score is over 25%. You must do step v even if the primary reason for your high SafeAssign score is not
- Review your SafeAssign Originality Report to understand your score.
- You can ignore headings, textbook questions, legitimate quotations with APA citations, and references that are flagged by SafeAssign.
- Any other sentences that are flagged by SafeAssign must be rewritten by you in your own words. Do not steal the sentences of others.
- Rewrite content, other than the items listed in ii above, and resubmit your paper to Blackboard. You are not required to get your SafeAssign score down to or below 25%. You are required to correct all content, not including items listed in ii above, flagged by SafeAssign.
- In the assignment comments section for your last submission write these words: “I have corrected all content (excluding headings, textbook questions, legitimate quotations with APA citations, and reference) that were flagged by SafeAssign in my previous submission.”