Read the Case “The Arrival Of Autonomous Cars—Bright Future Or Looming Threat?” at the end of Chapter 12 and response to the following:
- What are the benefits and costs, or advantages and disadvantages, of autonomous driving technology to various corporate stakeholders and society?
- Are the threats of harm from autonomous vehicles simply an acceptable risk, especially when compared to fatalities caused by human-driven vehicles?
- What steps could business, government, or individual drivers take to reduce the risk of hacking in autonomous vehicles?
- Do you think federal or state governments should regulate the emergence of autonomous driving technology, and if so how?
- If you were the chief technology officer of a company that was developing autonomously driven vehicles, what steps would you take to manage this technology appropriately?