To meet the learning objectives for this topic, you will complete these activities. Print this page and use it as a checklist.
- Review the Introduction and Objectives page.
- Read the Assignment: Fiction Essay page.
- Read selections from the textbook, Chapters 27-30, in the Writing About Literature section, pages 1890-1906.
- Research using the Lib Guide found in the file Research using the Sinclair Library & MLA Guidelinesfound in the Course Directions folder.
- Complete all activities on the Learning Activities page.
- Submit your Fiction Essay to the dropbox.
· Read in your textbook
Read from text chapters, in the Writing About Literature section, pages 1890-1906.
All of chapters 27-32 may be useful to your writing process. From the above assigned reading of chapters 28-30, read selectively based on your prior knowledge of headings covered. All students should closely read ideas related to topics, thesis statements, and claims, found on pages 1892 and beyond. This section contains most of the things teachers write on finished essays as critiques while grading.
Because you will incorporate some sources into your essay (though it will not be a full research-based essay), consider how sources can help you with your essay development on pages 1923-1933.