Demonstrate how effective team building optimizes the implementation of strategic planning.
You are the administrator of a clinic with 50 employees. You have been tasked with facilitating discussion with other health professionals in your clinic to select a new EHR system, Make judgments in support of established criteria and/or standards, and help the team decide which will be implemented across the organization. Please complete the assignment as indicated in the instructions below.
Construct and recommend a plan to build 1-2 effective teams to appraise and assess and select a new EHR system for the clinic. Determine the professional roles that should be represented on your team(s). You should be prepared for possible disagreements regarding priorities and processes, so your plan must include at least three (3) team/consensus building methods.
Evaluate the concepts of change management theories, techniques, and leadership by assessing typical challenges seen with implementing a new EHR system across an organization. Your evaluation should demonstrate that you have considered how a transition to EHR would result in the need to plan for change management interventions. Provide two (2) examples of challenges arising from EHR adoption and detail the change management theories that you would enact to overcome resistance to change.
Recommend implementation of a departmental strategic plan by detailing at least two (2) areas of risk exposure mitigation, organizational or process redesign, training, or communication strategy, as they relate to EHR implementation.
Evaluate and interpret the purpose of the procurement process. What are the purposes of the Request for Proposal (RFP), the Request for Information (RFI) and the Request for Quotation (RFQ)? Provide detail for when and how to use each to help an HCO more fully identify its needs and the issues involved with planning for significant projects or purchases.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 1000 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- Students must cite and reference at least 4 credible sources.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored