Assessment Type Group Assignment
– maximum 4 persons per group Note: Groups must be formed by week 6. Once a group is formed, no changes are allowed. If you fail to form a group, your lecturer may allow you to submit individually.
Case Analysis and Application of Strategy Models
Purpose of the assessment Students are required to explain in report format, with reference to a case of your choice, how any one of the following would be applied: Business Strategy, Competitive Dynamics, Corporate Strategy,
Acquisitions and Structure, International Strategy. This is strictly required to be your own original work. Be sure to base your answer on the models studied in class and quote your academic sources.
Total Marks 40 [note: the total assignment is graded out of 40]
Word limit Report not more than 2500 words
Due Date Week 10 for the final report. [Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -5% per day]
• All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list, all using Harvard referencing style.
• At the end of your report please include an appendix states ‘who wrote which section’, i.e. provide the student name and number for each section of the report.
Assignment 2 Specifications
This assignment aims at ensuring that students have familiarised themselves with at least one significant case study (from any of those in the tutorials) and are able to apply the -strategic management process- and relevant foundational strategy development models that are applicable to the case.
Select any case study and choose from the following aspects of competitive strategy to apply the theories of strategy development and implementation as relevant to the case study you choose:
• Business Strategy
• Competitive Dynamics
• Corporate Strategy
• Acquisitions and Structure
• International Strategy
In this report, the use of sub-headings is essential.
Be sure to use paragraphing.
Be sure to reference your sources in-text and provide a list of references at the end, all in Harvard style.