Please read the required reading 4 under Content Required Readings – “Visual marketing: The importance and consumer recognition of fruit brands in supermarket fruit displays” (Kleih, A.-K., & Sparke, K., 2021)
Extract (copy and paste) your favorite three paragraphs/sentences/parts which inspire you most in the reading
Explain each of the three parts why these sentences/parts inspire you most or why you agree on what the reading talks about and combine your own experience (each part at least 50 words explanation)
After posting your conversation, respond to at least one peer, ideally the student directly below your name alphabetically to discuss his/her comments (you can agree with his/her options and expand his/her ideas and thoughts; or you can share your own experience/thoughts based on his/her comments or the sentences he/she shared… etc.)
Total 100 points:
1. Please only create one new conversation per student and name your conversation “Your Full Name”. Follow the format in your conversation: My favorite parts in the reading xxx are “xxxxx”; The reasons that these parts inspired me are: xxxxxxxxxxx. (5 points). No certain format is required for the response you will give to your peers.
2. Your favorite parts + Explanation (70 points)
3. Respond to peer’s comments (25 points)
In Week 3 we put together a 10-step marketing plan for a book signing event for Christian Louboutin, and in Week 4 you developed a similar marketing plan for Thom Browne and the 4th of July event.
For this week, Week 9, your assignment is to develop an email marketing campaign to for the Thom Browne event.
Begin by reading Email Marketing Made Simple: A Step by Step Guide by a very famous and well-regarded author. Then, develop an email marketing campaign by reviewing and answering the 5 questions below.
When you are done, submit your work on GoogleClass before the start of our Week 10 class.
Email Marketing Assignment
1. List all the sources you will use to build your email list of targeted customers for the Thom Browne event in Miami.
2. Show how you will segment this email list for maximum effectiveness
3. Discuss in detail how you will optimize your emails for the highest open and click-through rates.
4. Create 4 emails mock-ups for the Thom Browne event.
Use the information offered in the reading when creating each email, and remember these useful tips:
o Make Your Subject Lines Stand Out
o Write to Just One Person
o Write Like a Friend
o Write Amazing Content, Every Time
o Inject Some Humor, if appropriate
o Include a call-to-action for each email
5. Show your entire Email Sequence Plan.
Submit your Email Marketing Plan (Questions 1-3) + 4 Email Examples (Question 4) + Email Sequence Plan (Question 5) all together in one file
Standards bring consistency to reader expectations and fairness to the evaluation of ideas. Compliance is a hallmark of professionalism and is mandatory in many business contexts (i.e. bids responding to requests for proposals).
Deviation from the following standards will result in point deductions (a lower grade). Here is a link to the rubric.
11-point font, 1” margins, use page numbering
Research Synthesis: Report the finding of your literature review. Aim to integrate a number of different ideas/concepts into a coherent whole. Consider using a figure to concisely summarize your findings. Locate at least 8 relevant academic sources. Cite literature using author(s)’ last name(s) and year of publication, e.g., Smith and Jones (2007). Place the full citation in Reference List. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE IDEAS OR WORDS (7 words in a row = plagiarism; taking someone else’s idea without attributing them to the source = plagiarism)!!!
•Reference List (APA format (7th edition)– cited literature in alphabetical order, by first author’s last name.
•Appendices with tables and figures, if applicable. Use judiciously – they must be linked to ideas developed in the report text.
Recommendation before starts:
1. Read the ACR Fellow’s speech.
● Find it here: https://www.acrwebsite.org/volumes/search/
● This will provide you with hints about the “big picture” of how the person studies consumer research, the specific topics they investigate and advance, and “classic articles” authored.
2. Identify the subdiscipline that aligns best with the Fellow’s research. See map →
● Use Google Scholar, ABA-Inform Global or another database to retrieve a list of articles the Fellow authored.
● Peruse the titles and abstracts; look at keywords.
3.Select a classic JCR article they authored.
• From your list, find a highly-cited article they published in the Journal of Consumer Research. Google Scholar includes the number of citations and links to those articles.
Case #3 YouTube – Availability Ends
IMPORTANT!!! — Your work will be checked for originality — plagiarism!!!
Read the seven articles that are posted as links below. Be sure to address them in your answers.
What Is Video Marketing?
Wikipedia History of YouTube
Most Popular Video Websites
Video Marketing Strategy – Getting Started with Video Marketing
Most Subscribed YouTubers and Channels
A Week in the Life of Popular YouTube Channels
How To Use Video Content To Raise Brand Awareness
Watch the three YouTube videos via the link at the end of the case questions below. The third video is long but it provides helpful information, terminology, and how-to instructions.
Respond to the following THREE questions within a three page limit (750 words minimum). Use complete sentences, number your answers, and proofread your submissions. Make sure you have a backup copy of your answers!!!
THREE CASE QUESTIONS:
1. YouTube by most standards is a phenomenal success. Discuss Youtube’s history from inception to its impact today. Identify and examine YouTube’s competitors (other video sharing websites). What opportunities are there for YouTube in the future beyond basic uploading of video content?
2. Provide a social media marketing scenario where you would incorporate video content as a promotional tool. Discuss the product service you would select and specifically how would you promote it in detail via identified video sharing sites. Be sure to incorporate suggestions from the articles, video, and textbook.
3. Many experts state that video is the future of content marketing. Do you agree with this statement? Why or Why not? What are the Pros and Cons of this type of (video) content? Again, be sure to include information from the supplemental materials provided to you for this case to support your answer.
Grow Your YouTube Channel with Google Analytics VIDEO
Analytics in YouTube Studio Explained VIDEO
YouTube Monetization Explained– How to Make Money on Videos and get Paid VIDEO
DO NOT FORGET TO ATTACH YOUR ANSWER FILE. YOU MUST USE WORD.
There may be a long pause before this video starts. You may need to hit the refresh key F5 as well .
A firm has developed a new roofing material that also produces electricity from sunlight. This material is very light and inexpensive. Besides roofing, it could also provide an inexpensive carport covering for open-air parking lots. The firm has hired you as a consultant for the successful national launch of this product. You are required to present a report to the senior management describing when and where this product should be launched.
Create a 300- to 400-word response answering the following:
Identify different segments of the market for launching this product.
Recommend which segments of the product should be targeted first for maximum returns to the firm and support your recommendation.
Apply the buying center concept to a firm, a nonprofit organization, or a government agency you work for, or are familiar with, for the purchase of new laptop computers for their employees.
Begin by briefly summarizing your selected organization. What is it? What does it do?
List the different roles in a buying center and analyze who (from your selected firm, nonprofit organization, or government agency) would occupy the different roles of the buying center.
Justify the reason for selecting these job titles or departments for the various roles in the buying center. Which members of the buying center should the salesperson focus on when selling to your firm? Why? Explain how the buying process differs between organizations and consumers as it would be applied to the organization you have selected.
Marketing Plan – Written Report
This is a core assessment of the course. You will prepare a marketing plan. The subject of the plan will be a product of your own choice, either a product idea of your own or a new product.
There are two parts to the Marketing Plan. The written report is due in Unit 7 as a Word doc, and the accompanying PowerPoint presentation will be due in Unit 8. The entire project will be broken down by unit milestones to guide the progress of your research and writing. It is not required that you submit unit research to your instructor, but please feel free to ask questions along the way.
Determine which product/service/company you plan to use.
Begin research and an analysis on its competitive environment
Complete research and development for
initial research on defining target market
complete value proposition
define how you will deliver satisfaction and maintain customer loyalty, customer profile, demos and other important information
complete research and development for
specific market segmentation, targeting, and positioning statements
develop “branding” strategy for your produce/service
decide on brand name,
develop equity position and include the decisions in developing the brand strategy.
complete research and development for
product/service’s brand positioning
differentiated brand positioning of your product/service
identifying who the market leaders are for your chosen product/service
identifying the niche that your product/service is in
deciding whether your product/service is going to be a leader, follower, or challenger to well-established products or brands
complete your research and development for
setting product strategy/designing or managing services
developing pricing strategies and programs
product or service strategy
complete your research and development for
channel decisions for getting your product/service to the consumer
retailing, wholesaling, and logistical marketing plans
plans for locations, hours of operations, and how your “service” plans on managing demand and capacity issues (if applicable)
an integrated marketing communications matrix
complete your research and development for
advertising program complete with objectives, budget; advertising message and creative strategy
media decisions, and sales and promotional materials
direct market channels plans (if applicable)
consumer-adoption process for your new product
how the consumer will learn about your new product/service and how quickly they will adopt it
how the product will be targeted to the heavy users and early adopters first, then early, and late majorities
the estimated time for full adoption.
Submit complete marketing plan
Requirements of the Written Report
The entire written paper should be 10-12 pages long.
Be sure to use the same headings as seen below for your written report.
Reference the marketing plan outline and core assessment rubric to create an organized marketing plan of high quality.
Be sure to use the same headings as the marketing plan outline
Refer to the core assessment checklist to write a high-quality report.
The report should contain a cover page, a table of contents, reference page and appendices when necessary.
Marketing Plan Outline
Market Summary (demographics, needs, trends, growth)
Mission/Objectives (marketing and financial)
This assignment will be submitted to Turnitin!!
Read and analyze the article and write a report 1-2 pages long specifying the things you learned in the article and why do you think it is relevant in today’s business world. Don’t only summarize. Use marketing terminology. Include two citations.
Despite some activities to the contrary, numerous firms engage in socially-responsible packaging. Below, we look at food packaging. According to Karen Kroll, writing for Inbound Logistics, this ranges from food packages constructed of cornstarch and plant-based coatings that extend fruit freshness to liquor bottles made of paper, traditional food and beverage packaging is undergoing an overhaul. Article: https://evansonmarketing.com/2021/01/14/firms-that-practice-socially-responsible-packaging/ Read the online article below and then answer the questions that follow: Questions 1. Why is single-use packaging so bad for the environment? 2. Discuss the top two and bottom two factors that consumers around the world see as important with regard to packaging. 3. How should a responsible firm incorporate its packaging in marketing messages? 4. How should Coke and Pepsi be more responsible in their packaging? Who could they learn from? Clearly label all of your comments to correspond to the questions
• Choose an organisation that you are familiar with and analyse it to determine the strategy the company has chosen over the past 5 years. Use a set of appropriate frameworks to help you to achieve this. (PESTLE, Porter 5 Forces, SWOT/TOWS, McKinsey, 7Ps, Ansoff and so on)