Subject Name: Capstone: Strategy
Assessment Title: Individual Report
I choose Woolworth organization. Assuming the role of an organisational consultant, students are to write a report that:
- Clearly articulates the organisation’s strategy, business model and outlines a detailed approach to Competition Strategy (apply Porter’s Five Forces model, SWOT analyse).
- How the chosen organisation’s performance is/can be measured against their strategies: APPRAISING FINANCIAL STABILITY includes: Diagnosing performance, industry analysis, resources and capabilities analysis.
- Students will also be required to prepare a balanced scorecard for Woolworths organisation (Week 7). Attention should be paid to the use of secondary research and insights.
Findings should be presented in a report of 2,000 words.
Areas covered should include:
• An executive summary.
• An introduction that summarises the purpose of the report.
• A summary of the organisation’s strategy.
• A specific outline of the Organisation’s approach to competition strategy, performance measurement and balanced scorecard.
• A summary of recommendations that identify areas of focus and opportunity to enhance the organisation’s performance in the future.
• A conclusion.
Students are encouraged to use a wide variety of information sources that include, where possible, primary research such as interviews with staff or executive members within their chosen organisation as well as the use of an appropriate mix of strategic and business analysis tools and reference