Find an article and company policy on one of the topics: OSHA, safety and health concerns, workplace violence, terrorism, or background checks. The article that you choose should identify a problem that currently exists in an organizational setting.
From the topic that you choose, summarize the concerns identified in the article and compare to the organizational policy that you located. Discuss whether or not the policy addresses the concerns identified in the article. If so, please support your response. If not, please support this position as well. In any case, please provide any recommendations you may have regarding information that should be added to be effective in organizations.
1. Student should write a well-researched paper, approximately 2-3 pages and double-spaced (not counting a title page or references page).
2. Student should follow the APA Style Manual for referencing and citing sources in the paper.
3. Paper should be written in third person – not first person.
4. Paper should be error-free, so it may be wise to have another person proof your work.
5. All sources must be properly cited, according to APA style. In essence, you need to use in-text citations (no footnotes or endnotes in this paper whatsoever). Full citations of all works should be included in the References section, formatted in APA Style.
6. The paper must contain the following elements:
a. Title Page
e. References section
f. Appendix (if tables or charts or necessary)
Utilize the APA Helps as necessary in the Course Materials (in the Lessons area) to help you present your brief paper in APA format, which means that you need to write a Title Page and References Page separate from the body of the text of the paper (no abstract or author note are needed).
NOTE: Do not use macros or automatic referencing in your papers for this course. The auto features usually cause unforeseen problems in format. Plus, part of this course involves the student’s acquisition of the essentials of the APA style format. You are expected to use, cite, and reference outside sources in all of your assignments unless specifically instructed otherwise.