Executive Program Practical Connection Assignment
It is a priority that students are provided with strong educational programs and courses that allow them to be servant-leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge with ethical decision-making. This assignment is a written assignment where students will demonstrate how this course research has connected and put into practice within their own career.
Provide a reflection of at least 500 words (or 2 pages double spaced) of how the knowledge, skills, or theories of this course have been applied, or could be applied, in a practical manner to your current work environment. If you are not currently working, share times when you have or could observe these theories and knowledge could be applied to an employment opportunity in your field of study.
Provide a 500 word (or 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection.
Use of proper APA formatting and citations. If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited.
Share a personal connection that identifies specific knowledge and theories from this course.
Demonstrate a connection to your current work environment. If you are not employed, demonstrate a connection to your desired work environment.
You should not, provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives were applied or could be applied in the workplace.
Any use of outside sources, including your own prior work, will result in a zero on the activity and a report being filed with Academic Affairs regarding plagiarism (even if self-plagiarism)
In the module lesson, we explored food and beverage from a theoretical point of view. We know from previous lessons that tourism, including accommodations and food services, grew around transportation and the needs of travelers to rest and eat after long journeys. Yet, now food and beverage options are incredibly varied and trends in this operating sector are consistently fluctuating in response to fickle customers and macroeconomic factors. You are invited to use this opportunity to explore issues affecting the F&B operating sector.
Some examples to get you started thinking include: Food costs, dietary demands and considerations, veganism and vegetarianism, tipping wage, tip sharing, human resources in F&B, wine pricing, minimum wage increases, issues impacting vineyards and vintages, etc. Be sure, in your post, to consider the impact on tourism specifically, recognizing while F&B is a tourism operating sector, its customers are not only tourists but potentially regular local clients. In this task, your job is to:1. Investigate trends in F&B to share with peers. Start with those listed above or come up with your own topic that interests you.2. Craft a discussion post: – Choose a catchy title that reflects your discussion post-
Describe the issue clearly and why it is relevant to our discussion of tourism- Include video link or article link in your post, or any other creative expression (remember to cite!)- Think about these questions: What is the key issue? Why is it important? To whom? What impact does it have on the shape and growth of the F&B sector? What impact might it have on overall tourism? – Be sure to include citations for all materials and ideas used in your post3. Be sure to comment on each others’ posts, contributing to extending the discussion. Additionally:
- A rubric is provided with the forum that will be used to guide grading
- Be sure to read other students’ posts
- Select at least one other students’ article to read, then comment on and build on their post
User test the final two options. User test your two options to determine the best software for your team’s management needs. Use the scenarios provided to assess the options.
Planning the project and creating a schedule
Schedule a meeting at Starbucks for the group to take place 10/30/2018 @2 P.M., and upload the project rubric below for review before the meeting.
Project Management Software Report Rubric (see the rubric attached to the assignment description)
You found a typo in the heading of the rubric that was uploaded. Correct the error, and upload/save the corrected document.
Communicating project information
Message the group to remind everyone to review the rubric in preparation for the meeting and understand what is required to do well on the assignment.
main assignment below
the following will be taken as a completion grade:
- Conduct software testing using the scenarios from the assignment details.
- Each team member must conduct software testing on each of your chosen team software programs.
- Submit an informal document showing the notes/results of the software testing your group conducted.
Read chapter 2 in the American Government 2e textbook about the American Constitution and answer the following questions using 7th edition APA formatting in a Word Document:
- How did the U.S. Constitution come to be written?
- What compromises were needed to ensure the ratification that made it into law?
- Was the Bill of Rights necessary to add to the Constitution?
- Should states have more power in their role of government for their states? If so, what specific powers should states be able to control over the federal governmentl?
Be detailed in your answers. Word count should be no less than 500 words, well written using proper grammar and third-person narrative voice
Reading chapter 1.3, scroll down to find, Link to Learning, “19 Young Activists Changing America.” Read the opening text of the page and choose two people in the “Activists to Watch” to answer the following questions:
- How did the two people you chose, change their community or society?
- What are the ideals of the two people you chose and do they challenge the Elite Theory? How or how not? Detail your answer.
- Did either of the people you chose challenge or reinforce your ideals of what you think about society?
Be detailed in your answers. Word count should be no less than 500 words, using 7th edition APA formatting in a Word document, well written using proper grammar.
When you are ready for your instructor to evaluate your work, save your file as POLS1103_YourName_Wk1Journal to your computer. Upload and submit the file to this dropbox.
Don’t have time to finish this got some things going on I need it done by mid-day tomorrow, will rate when completed only. I need at least 8 sentences, thanks
Identify and discuss how are U.S. Supreme Court justices, U.S. Circuit Court judges, and U.S. District Court judges are appointed? (Federal level) Discuss who must approve these appointments? Discuss how political partisanship influences the process and give some examples of the effects. Do you consider the process of appointment for these types of judges to be “fundamentally fair?” Why or why not?
Preliminary investigations do not necessarily yield enough information to prosecute a criminal case.
Despite a thorough preliminary investigation, many cases require a follow-up investigation. For this assignment, select a recent criminal case in your city or local geographical area from the past six months. Consider how you would investigate this case. Write a 3–4-page paper in which you:
- Assemble a set of guidelines based on your textbook readings for conducting a preliminary crime scene investigation for this criminal case.
- Discuss at least one way data mining can be used in order to conduct an efficient follow-up investigation for this case.
- Identify the major crimes in this case and specify the reporting procedures.
- Consider the four most important characteristics of an effective criminal investigator and discuss the level of effectiveness that was brought to this case by the investigator. Was the investigation effective? Where could there be improvements?
- In what way can law enforcement investigators conduct efficient and effective investigations while maintaining the rights of both the victim(s) and the accused(s) in a criminal case?
- Cite three references from the past two years. Note: Wikipedia and similar types of websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Outline the proper guidelines to conduct a preliminary investigation for a criminal case.
Suggest two strategies for assessing physical development and two strategies for increasing a child’s interest in physical activity. How would you incorporate these strategies into an overall plan to improve motor skills as well as coordination, strength, and endurance?
For full points, remember to supply specific examples and/or textual evidence to support your points. Apply APA style and format to cite your sources.
For this assignment, you will use your sociological imagination with a focus on labeling theory to write a journal entry about perceptions of deviance in society and how those perceptions change over time and vary across cultures.
- Using labeling theory, describe a behavior that might have been labeled by society as deviant in the past but is now considered acceptable or even courageous.
- Explain why the behavior was deemed deviant and why the perception has changed.
- Describe if you or someone you know has ever participated in a deviant act OR describe in what type of situation you might find it acceptable for someone to do something that might be perceived as deviant.
At UC, it is a priority that students are provided with strong educational programs and courses that allow them to be servant-leaders in their disciplines and communities, linking research with practice and knowledge with ethical decision-making. This is a written assignment where you will demonstrate how the content covered in this course connects and is used in practice within your career.Assignment: Reflect on how the knowledge, skills, or theories you learned in this course have been applied or could be applied. Present the information in a practical manner as it relates to your current working environment. If you are not currently working, use a previous or potential future working environment.Requirements:
- When you document this information, this is not a blog, a casual conversation among friends, or a short answer paper. Demonstrate professionalism in all of your work. When you write, include an introduction, a topic sentence or overall objective, supporting ideas, and a conclusion.
- Provide a 500 word (approximately 2 pages double spaced) minimum reflection in a .docx file type.
- to get started with proper APA student paper formatting.
- Use APA 7 formatting for references and citations. If external resources are used, they must be properly cited.
You should NOT provide an overview of the assignments assigned in the course. The assignment asks that you reflect on how the knowledge and skills obtained through meeting course objectives were applied or could be applied in the workplace. Tip: Make a meaningful connection to something specific to this course. Connecting to the title of the course or R as a programming language, in general, is not sufficient