This activity builds on the material you should be familiar with from your prerequisite English course.
Your assignment is to prepare an annotated bibliography for your research project following the instructions.
As you search for references in this assignment, keep in mind that the Literature Review and Research Methodology assignments will involve building on your research question(s) and designing a methodology to answer that question.
Note: You will need to refer to your APA manual for the formatting of different types of references. It is important that you pay close attention to formatting requirements.
This activity has two parts: the List of Sources and the Annotations.
Please read through all sections before proceeding to the next page, and refer back whenever necessary.
The list of sources must contain the following:
- The subject of your research, which you must state at the top of the page.
- Ten sources of information about your subject, including:
- Minimum of one book
- Minimum of four articles from the Hunt Library databases
- Minimum of two scholarly articles
The annotation for each source has two parts:
- A short summary (one to three sentences) of the information found in the source.
- An evaluation of the source’s credibility, reliability, currency, possible bias, and usefulness with respect to your topic. Review the following example as well as the rubric associated with this assignment for more detailed grading information.
Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source for scholarly work. Do not use Wikipedia as a source for this or any academic assignment.
All sources must be correctly documented in the current APA style. In addition, the entire reference list must be correctly formatted in the current APA style.
Please proceed to the Annotations section.
Prepare a document for your Annotated Bibliography to submit by the end of the module week. Be sure to address all of the required elements listed thoroughly. Your document is required to be in current APA format and free of grammar and spelling errors.
Your paper will automatically be evaluated through Turnitin when you submit your assignment in this activity. Turnitin is a service that checks your work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against a database of web pages, student papers, and articles from academic books and publications. Ensure that your work is entirely your own and that you have not plagiarized any material!
You are submitting your paper as a draft to Turnitin so that you can check the originality report, but the paper will not be stored in the Turnitin repository at this time.