- Read the attached article on Matt Colvin who bought supplies such as hand sanitizer in anticipation to the Coronavirus pandemic so he could sell the product at a profit.
- Write a paragraph (at least 5 sentences) and comment on two of your classmates’ postings with substantive comments. Note that only responding with merely a “yes” or “no” or “I agree/disagree” is insufficient unless you explain thoroughly WHY you feel that way. Your original post should contain original thoughts or address one or more of the following questions:
- There was nothing illegal per se about the Colvin brothers BUYING the products. Just because they had the POWER to do so, do you think they had the RIGHT to do so in order to make a profit?
- If a person has the POWER to act in a certain way, does this mean that they no longer have to consider other factors which may curb or alter their plans? Why or why not?
- If in question 2. above you do believe that the person must consider other aspects, what are these issues? Why do you believe considering these factors are important part of the decision making process?
- Do you think Colvin was unethical or immoral in his actions? Why or why not?
- Can a person make business decisions based only on whether the activity is profitable or is there a moral aspect that business people must consider other than profitability?
Please note the due date on the link and turn in your response with plenty of time to spare, as system issues and other last-minute distractions are a way of life. No additional time will be granted if you miss the deadline.