Persuasive Essay Paper: How Interpersonal Communication Skills Affects Relationships (20 points)
To summarize the skills of this course, make an argument defending how interpersonal communication skills affects relationships.
This is a research and skills application essay.
–Research is expected with at least two (2) references to support claims, not including the textbooks of our course. Do not quote material from your sources, but instead explain your findings in your own words and be sure to note where sources are used within the text. (5 points/supportive reference = 10 points)
–Be sure to apply at least two (significantly*) different skills/concepts of this course to support building an effective relationship using a specific example demonstrating how to apply/use each concept. (5 points: 2points/concept explanation + 3 points for concept application = 10 points)
Only one of the following techniques may be used, if any of the three are chosen: perception checking or I language or assertiveness.
There are plenty of course concepts to include so these are not required. If used, note the limitation since these are essentially the same concept with slight variations.
Task: Evaluate Degussa’s internationalization strategy in China byAs (country-specific advantages), why does Degussa seek to increase its business in China?
2. What are Degussa’s FSAs (firm-specific assets) in comparison to other competitors in the Chinese chemicals industry?
3. Based on the information provided in the business case study, in your opinion, which internationalization strategy (Joint Venture, Acquisition or Greenfield Investment) would best suit Degussa?
In writing your response, please do the following:
a. Use the business case study as your main source of information.
b. Use the academic literature discussed in class to support your analysis – where appropriate.
c. Reference the business case study text like any other piece of academic literature, official sources etc. you cite in your analysis (in-text reference, list in reference list etc.)
You can use additional sources (e.g. other reliable sources you can find) to support your analysis but it is not mandatory. answering the three questions below:
1. Examining China’s CS
I want a topic related directly to project management,
I would like it to be in communication, leadership, risks or technology.
Please let me know what you suggest to approve the topic
This assignment has one artefact
Justified research methodology proposal of 3000 words
Submit a 3000 word detailed research proposal fully justified. Please read the full assignment brief in this folder
Having chosen a research topic, you should complete the following parts:
1. Introduction a. Provide a title and background
• Background: a brief overview of the topic or problem, including your motivation for selection of this research topic
2. Literature review, drawing on some key pieces of topic-related literature, explain why researching the topic or problem is important using knowledge and understanding of key theories/models from Project Management or related domains. In addition to this you can provide a table in the Appendix summarizing at least 7-10 sources that your research will draw on to justify your research context and design decisions. The table should have columns for aims/objectives of paper, topics discussed and any areas identified for future research. Based on this table, you can present the possible area that your research will face based on a gap or suggestion in existing literature. An example is in enclosed in the folder b. Overall research question(s), aim(s) and objective(s): these should be clear, succinct and specific. They should also be related to Project Management. You should also provide a diagram of the conceptual or theoretical framework which shows the relationship between concepts. .
3. Methodology a. Philosophical position b. Methodology (survey, case study …) and the reason why this methodology is suitable for this research c. A clear and suitable sampling method. d. A clear and suitable data collection method (including administration, including instrument design and a list of interview questions or an example of a questionnaire). e. A clear and suitable explanation of how the data will be analysed.
4. Critical evaluation Going down through each layer of Saunders et al.’s (2019 or earlier) ‘Research Onion’, write a critical evaluation of your research proposal developed (drawing on a wide range of research methodology literature). As a result you should state based on your critique, why your approach is the most suitable approach for your chosen research topic and why other approach(es) are NOT suitable. This may be the quantitative or qualitative approach, you must decide and defend your choice. Remember you need to justify all the steps, eg. why have you chosen this specific methodology and data collection tool? Why they are appropriate for addressing your research question and research problem? PRISM1 asked for a general indication of your method, so this is the opportunity to give a detailed justification and demonstrate your application of deeper levels of critical ability applied to research design. N.B. For parts 3 & 4 you should use between 5 – 7 research method sources. Important note: you must NOT actually collect or analyse any data for this coursework – this is just the proposal stage where you set out how you plan to collect and analyse the data. The general guidelines for marking this piece are given below – this will give you an indication of the weighting applied to each part (which will also guide you in terms of the word count for each part).
The goal of this paper is to critically assess a particular philosopher’s argument for a particular conclusion. You will pick one article that we have read in this class and either agree or disagree with the author’s argument. For example, a paper might pick Judith Thomson’s article on abortion and either defend or critique her argument for the conclusion that abortion is permissible even if the fetus is a person.My goal in having you write a paper like this is to give you the chance to think a lot about whether a particular argument for a particular conclusion on an important moral problem succeeds or fails. This is not the same as arguing for a definitive answer on that question. For example, if you show that Thomson’s argument fails, there may be other arguments for abortion that do succeed. So, the goal of the assignment is not to settle the issues. The goal is for all of us to think carefully and critically about an issue and to make one claim about the issue. In the process, I hope that you will get the chance to clarify and consider your views on an important ethical issue that can affect our everyday lives.Your paper will have two main sections: (1) a summary of the author’s argument for their conclusion and (2) your defense of this argument or your rejection of this argument. Your paper should also have an introduction and a conclusion.
Below I have attached the rest of the instructions below and the article to base the writing off of.
Order Maintenance: Responding to Mentally Ill Persons and Domestic Calls
From the reading assignments and from your own research regarding the limitless service of maintaining order, respond to the following questions regarding police responses to domestic calls and to people with mental illnesses.
Respond to the following questions in essay format.
You may want to break the paper into two sections, one dealing with the mental illness issues and one dealing with domestic calls.
1) What are some of the more common problems for police associated with mentally ill persons and responses to domestic calls?
2) What are some identifiable issues that police face when dealing with the mentally ill or domestic calls?
3) What are possible solutions or trainings that should be taken to help police respond to mentally ill persons and domestic calls?
4) Explain your position on whether you feel the police should be held responsible and liable for encounters with mentally ill persons or domestic calls that end in harm to the persons.
Your response should be at least two pages in length, not including the title or reference pages. You are required to use at least two articles in addition to your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced according to APA format. All paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
ebook: The police in america: an introduction, 9th edition by samuel Walker vbid: 9781264351794
Please watch the video “Black Brunch at High Cotton” and read the article “Disruption: What is it Good For” by Clarissa Rile Hayward. (Available in the Articles & Videos for Discussion tab.) Then please respond to the following questions:
(1) Is it possible for disruption to be a politically effective tactic, even when it fails to win widespread public sympathy? If not, why not? If so, how?
(2) What is motivated ignorance? What is the Black Brunch tactic? Can the Black Brunch tactic help diminish motivated ignorance among white people in the US? Why or why not?
(3) What are the three steps in Hayward’s model of political disruption?
Thread: Read the chapter “Should Parents Be Allowed to Select the Sex of Their Baby” in the Science and Society course textbook, pp. 322–334.
This chapter is taken from a book series on ethics called Taking Sides. In this assignment you will choose a side and defend your position. In at least 300 words, compose a thread that takes the side of either law professor John Robertson, who supports sex selection of the unborn, or Marcy Darnovsky, who opposes sex selection and argues that this could lead to “consumer” eugenics. Give evidence to support your position and include 1 citation from the Bible and 1 from another source other than your text.
Briefly describe the humanistic psychology concept of self-actualization and argue why other schools of thought (e.g., behaviourist, cognitive neuroscience) can or cannot explain what self-actualization is and why it seems like a good thing for people to pursue.
Use a Web search engine to search for local, state, and federal government agencies that deal with cybersecurity. You will select one agency to write about. A list of suggestions is provided below.
Select from criminal justice organizations and agencies, such as:
One in the city, town, or state where you live.
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
National Security Agency (NSA).
Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Department of Defense (DOD).
United States Cyber Command (CYBERCOMM).
Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Cyber Threat Intelligence Integration Center (CTIIC).
Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
Computer Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
U.S. Secret Service.
White House DNI.
U.S. State Department.
In a 1–2 page paper, respond to the following items:
Describe the agency by discussing:
The types of crimes the agency handles.
The agency’s response to cybercrimes.
Recommend one way this agency can improve its overall response to computer crimes perpetrated against the agency itself and citizens it serves. Provide a rationale.
Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
Describe the roles and responsibilities of law enforcement and federal agencies in fighting computer crime.
It is now important to consider how to manage project obstacles and risks. Being able to continue the progression of a project is important in the face of unpredictable conditions in the internal and external environment of an organization.
Write a one-page paper in which you:
- Outline the process you would use to move to a centralized structure.
- Go back to the Week 3 assignment, Organizing HR Projects, and consider the goal of the project.
- Conduct research on centralized and decentralized organizations and come up with three tasks that you would need to move to a centralized structure.
- Consider methods for assigning costs to tasks and come up with the process (not the actual budget) that you would use to determine a budget.
- Write a one-page paper outlining the process you would use.
- Create a WBS for the project and analyze each task using the Project Budget WBS Template [XLSX].